Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Yavatmal was established by ICAR in the year 1st April, 2005 for Yavatmal district under Dr. PanjabraoDeshmukh Krishi Vidyapeeth, Akola.
KVK, is an integral part of the National Agricultural Research System (NARS), aims at assessment of location specific technology modules in agriculture and allied enterprises, through technology assessment, refinement and demonstrations. KVKs have been functioning as Knowledge and Resource Centre of agricultural technology supporting initiatives of public, private and voluntary sector for improving the agricultural economy of the district and are linking the NARS with extension system and farmers.
KVK System: Mandate and Activities
The mandate of KVK is Technology Assessment and demonstration for its Application and Capacity Development.
To implement the mandate effectively, the following activities are envisaged for each KVK
- On-Farm Testing (OFT) to assess the location specific of agricultural technology under various framing system.
- Front line Demonstration (FLD) to establish production potential of technology on the farmer’s field.
- Capacity development of farmers and extension personnel to update their knowledge and skill on modern agricultural technologies.
- To work as knowledge and Resource Centre of agricultural technologies for supporting initiatives of public, private and voluntary sector in improving the agricultural economy of the district.
- Provide farm advisories using ICT and other media means on varied subjects of interest to farmers.